Decision Engines complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union member countries and Switzerland. Decision Engines has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Decision Engines’ certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/
SECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING PROGRAM
Decision Engines employs a security awareness program designed to ensure that all associates review the security program on an annual basis.
- Each year, all employees are required to complete Security Awareness Training (SAT). This is a comprehensive overview of all Security policies and practices to ensure each associate understands the policies and their responsibility to safeguard DECISION ENGINES information and systems. SAT is also covered at Bootcamp for new hires.
- New employees must complete the awareness program within 30 days of receiving system access or within 90 days of their hire date, whichever is sooner
- Temporary associates employed for more than one month during a calendar year must complete the training within 30 days of receiving system access or within 90 days of their hire date, whichever is sooner
- Temporary associates employed for less than one month do not need to complete the training IF they are not given access to confidential or proprietary data. If they are given access to confidential or proprietary data, then they must complete the training within 30 days of receiving system access, regardless of their length of employment
INFORMATION COLLECTED ON OUR SITE
- Sending you information or materials you may request
- Responding to your questions and concerns
- Providing you a newsletter or other marketing communications
- Operating and improving the Site
- Improving our products and services and our marketing efforts
- Conducting research and analysis
- Processing and delivering contest entries and rewards
- Enabling you to post your resume, search job postings, and contact us or be contacted by us
- Linking or combining your information with other personal information we may receive from third parties, to help better understand you and serve you better
When you visit the Site, some information is automatically collected. For example, we collect information on the pages you have visited and the contents of those pages, any information you input, your referring URL or IP address, the time of your visit and related session information, your requested page, browser type, USR agent, status of request (successful reply), cookies, number of bytes in the response, and query string. We use this data to better understand usage of the Site in the aggregate so that we know what areas of our Site users prefer. This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting.
The Site may also use 3rd party vendor re-marketing tracking cookies, including the Google Adwords tracking cookie. This allows Decision Engines to make special offers and continue to market our products across the Internet to those who have shown interest on the Site. As always, we respect your privacy and are not collecting any identifiable information through the use of Google’s or any other third-party remarketing system. Users may opt out of the use of Google cookies at the following URL: http://www.google.com/privacy_ads.html
Please note that clicking a link within a Decision Engines email may result in a cookie being placed on your computer/device. If you do not wish to receive a cookie from a link in an email or on the Decision Engines Web Site, you may, depending on your browser version, elect to block all cookies. Most browsers have an option for turning off the cookie feature, which will prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, as well as (depending on the sophistication of your browser software) allow you to decide on acceptance of each new cookie in a variety of ways. We recommend that you leave the cookies activated in order to access optimal features on the Site.
INFORMATION COLLECTED BY OUR APPLICATIONS
When you register to use the Applications, Decision Engines collects your email address and we may ask you to provide us additional information. We use this information to create a registration profile and to validate your registration when you log in to the Applications. In some cases, our customers have implemented a Single Sign On registration process where the login credentials you use with the customer’s service are shared with Decision Engines. Once you have registered, you may also voluntarily provide additional information to the Applications, such as your name, updated address information, and other profile information.
The Applications are often embedded in our customers’ websites or in other third-party sites, and may be controlled by our customers or other third parties. Our Applications may also contain links to third party sites that are not owned or controlled by Decision Engines. Those websites and third-party sites may have other terms and privacy policies that govern their use that are different from these terms. Please be aware that Decision Engines is not responsible for the privacy practices of third-party sites. Decision Engines encourages you to be aware of who controls the sites that you visit and to read the privacy statements of all sites that collect personally identifiable information.
SHARING, DISCLOSURE, AND TRANSFER
- With your consent, for example when you agree that we may share your information with third parties for their own marketing purposes
- With third party vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to your information to provide services
- If we believe that it is reasonably necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding alleged illegal activities; violations of our terms of service or other agreements; fraud, security, or technical issues; to protect our rights or property; or situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person
- To comply with a law or regulation or a request regarding any legal proceeding
Regardless of where you live or where you provide information to us, you authorize Decision Engines to use your information worldwide and to export your information to the United States and other countries.
DATA STORAGE AND SECURITY
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from us by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as emails about your use of the Applications or our ongoing business relations. You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information including requests to opt out of sharing your personal information with third parties by emailing email@example.com.
OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
Neither the Site nor the Applications are directed toward persons under 13 and Decision Engines do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you believe that we may have any personal information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If Decision Engines becomes aware that a child under 13 has submitted personal information to the Site or the Applications, Decision Engines will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s access to the Site and the Applications.
INTERNATIONAL USERS – APPLICABLE LAW
Decision Engines has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view Decision Engines’ certification, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor/.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at email@example.com.
Our physical mailing address is:
Decision Engines, Inc.
720 University Ave., Suite #200
Palo Alto, California 94301